Sr. Contracts Specialist
Hellebore Consulting Group is seeking a highly motivated Contracts Specialist professional with wide rage of experience in DoD acquisitions for a freelance position. (Local or Remote performance possible). Candidate should be familiar with agile DoD contracting approaches.
It takes all types to make Hellebore great. If you are someone who enjoys creating innovative ways to reach ambitious goals, who is open to and energized by receiving honest feedback and is comfortable in a start-up environment: we should talk.
We Think You’ll Click With Us If You:
– Have a wide range of experience covering DoD acquisitions; including proposal preparation, DoD compliant pricing, and contract/subcontract administration.
– Possess high standards and strive to deliver beautiful solutions.
– Insist on seeing your projects through from start to finish.
– Stay sharp in your craft by keeping on top of new tools and standards while staying abreast of what’s going on in your field.
– Are open-minded, appreciate direct feedback, and revel in intellectually rigorous environments.
You’ll Grow With Us By:
– Working in small teams — we emphasize agile, mission-driven work; not monolithic waterfall projects.
– Gaining experience with a small, innovative team bidding on a wide range of contract opportunities.
– Collaborating with experts in their fields, becoming one of a handful of the world’s sharpest and most engaged minds.
– Helping build a culture of contracting excellence within our organization.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
– Working with a diverse and talented team on next-generation problems.
– Building Requirement Documentation including- Market Research Reports, RFI, and sources sought responses.
– Execute proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and contract administration including required post award modifications.
– Execute subcontracts including vendor source selection, contract negotiation, and post award administration.
– Plan and lead proposal process to ensure responsiveness to RFP, including:ensuring response to all evaluation factors and required response timelines are met.
– Ability to provide DoD compliant cost and/or pricing models.
– Researching and analyzing historical data to develop cost models in support of proposal efforts.
– Demonstrated ability to negotiate competitive and non-competitive contracts and contract modifications.
– Participating in scope, schedule, and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives.
– Seeking out and incorporate proposal input from project teams, contracts, and support departments.
– Actively participating in contract negotiating team including transition of new efforts.
– Responsible for ensuring compliance with all required Federal laws, regulations, and policies.
– U.S. Citizen with an active security clearance (i.e. Secret, Top Secret, SCI).
– Experience with the US Government acquisition process, including strong understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
– Demonstrated experience with DoD RFP response and proposal preparation process from inception through contract award.
– Firsthand operational experience in wide range of contracting methodologies (commercial acquisition procedures, competitive contracts, sole-source, simplified acquisitions, cost/price analysis, and negotiation).
– More than five years of DoD contracting experience, a minimum of DAWIA Level II contracting certification or the equivalent Certified Professional Contract Manager or Certified Federal Contract Manager certification.
Hellebore seeks to provide an outstanding work environment for its employees with a technically challenging work environment with excellent benefits, and competitive compensation. Full-time employees enjoy 401(k) profit-sharing, health care, generous paid time off, and subsidies for training and conference attendance to foster continued learning and development.
Send your CV in PDF format to email@example.com